Before coming to the Medical Centre please contact your GP via phone, if you have:
• been diagnosed with COVID-19
• been asked to self-isolate
• travelled overseas in the last 14 days
• travelled to NSW, ACT or VIC in the last 14 days
• been to any locations in Queensland under current contact tracing investigation
• You have had contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
• a temperature above 37.5 or history of a fever, sore throat, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, acute fatigue, loss of smell or loss of taste
If you or your family members have already arrived at the practice, then please stay in your car and phone the practice to talk to a Doctor or Nurse.
(STOP THE SPREAD)
SOCIAL DISTANCING APPLIES AT FRMC
It is advisable that everyone considers getting the FLU vaccine
Due to Coronavirus Pandemic and to reduce the number of patients (Social Distancing) in waiting room at any one time the following procedures apply:
- Make appointments ONLINE or phone practice
- Stay in your vehicle when you arrive at the practice car park
- Phone and let Reception staff know that you are here so that Staff can check you in
- Once Nurse is ready, a Reception Staff will phone you to come in for vaccination
- After vaccination you will be asked to stay in surgery for 10 minutes
Please check availability of vaccines prior to coming in
(STOP THE SPREAD)
SOCIAL DISTANCING APPLIES AT FRMC
BULK – BILLING
ALL OUR PATIENTS NOW ELIGIBLE FOR:
BULK-BILLING FOR TELEHEALTH & FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTS
Our Practice & Doctors understand the need:
• For our patients to get quality health care
• To ensure that our patients are OK and adhering to their plans for management of Chronic disease/s
• For our patients not to choose between receiving high-quality medical services and feeding their family or attending to other financial commitments
This change in billing will be in place till reviewed at a future date.
(Government & Private)
Please phone the practice to check availability prior to booking
PUBLIC HEALTH ADVICE
Please wear a mask while inside practice to protect yourself and others.
Continue practising social distancing & good hygiene to stop the spread of the virus and save lives
IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT FRMC
We would like to reassure our valued patients that FRMC remains open and that our Doctors & staff continue attending to patients’ medical needs during this PANDEMIC and will continue these essential services as long as we can.
We have taken significant precautions to ensure safety to both our staff and patients, which includes but not limited to:
- Doctor/Nurse doing TELEHEALTH on all patients unwilling or not able to come to practice
- Please phone Reception to make a booking for TELEHEALTH
- All staff provided with a face mask during work hours while attending to any patients likely to have Covid-19 symptoms
- Doctors provided with full PPE while attending to any ‘suspect’ case or flu like symptoms
- Frequent cleaning of waiting room, treatment room, consulting rooms and any touched surfaces in between patients.
- Displaying messages inside practice and on other media sources encouraging Social Distancing
- Advising patients to either wait in their vehicle or be seated outside the practice (chairs provided by practice) before being called in for flu vaccine/s or other treatment
- Providing hand sanitizers at the front desk and in each consulting area so that patients can practice good hygiene after seeing a Doctor/Nurse, using the Kiosk, Tyro machine or handling/touching any other sort of materials inside the practice
- Encouraging patients to practice good hygiene at all times by:
- thoroughly washing hands after sneezing or cough
- avoid touching face, eyes & nose with unwashed hands
- Coughing into their elbow or into a tissue, etc.
Our practice is taking precautions, as advised by Public Health, so that our staffs are not exposed to a “suspect” COVID-19 patient and/or relative of patient. These precautions are in place to avoid not just the isolation of our staff, but also, the closure of our practice, so that we can continue to provide essential medical services to our community.
We ask that you show respect to our front-line staff at all times and follow any instructions, provided by Reception staffs, on safe practices during these times, such as waiting in car until called inside, wearing a face mask inside the practice or any other directives provided for the safety and well-being of our staff and other patients.
TOGETHER WE CAN STOP THE SPREAD
"Providing a standard of health care beyond your expectations."
Welcome to Fernlands Radius Medical Centre. This is a family practice that prides itself in providing a standard of health care beyond your expectations. Our friendly staff and caring doctors promise to look after your health holistically.
The practice is set up as a ONE STOP service for all medical your needs, offering a range of services including all areas of family medicine, minor surgery, counselling, allied health services, complementary health services and on-site pathology services.
Our services include (but not limited to):
• Fracture Management
• General Medicine
• Health Assessments
• Health Checks
• Lung Function Testing
• Mental Health
• Men’s Health
• Minor Surgery
• Palliative care
• Preventative Medicine
• Skin Checks/ Dermatology
• Travel Vaccinations/ Medicine
• Women’s Health
• Implanon and mirena (IUCD) insertion
• Allied Health including Nutritionist / Podiatrist/ Psychologist
• Accident & Emergency
• Aged Care
• Asthma Clinic
• Baby Health Checks
• Childhood Immunisation
• COPD Clinic
• Diabetes Clinic and risk assessment
You can now make an online booking with the doctor of your choice.
An AGPAL Accredited Practice
We are an AGPAL accredited practice which means we have met all the quality standards of an independent assessment body and provide a high level of care. We are a fully computerised practice with broadband access and adhere to prescribed guidelines to maintain data safety.