IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM FRMC
FERNLANDS Radius Medical Centre is a COVID-19 vaccination centre.
As the vaccination will occur in Phases commencing with Phase 1B, our practice will commence contacting patients who are eligible for Phase 1B according to their surnames in alphabetical order. This system of vaccinating our patients will ensure that patients do not miss out in any way with the 1st and 2nd dose.
As vaccination rollout will go slowly at first while more supplies are secured, be rest assured that all eligible current and new patients will have the opportunity to have the vaccination in the coming months.
We ask patients, while waiting for their turn to be vaccinated, to click on the above links and read some very important information provided in order to familiarise themselves with the:
- COVID-19 vaccine
- Eligibility process,
- Consent requirements
- Preparation for their turn to be vaccinated against COVID-19
- Side effects after COVID-19 vaccination and
- Much more
As a practice we will continue to take significant precautions to ensure safety to both our staff and patients, which includes but not limited to:
- Doctor/Nurse doing TELEHEALTH on patients unwilling or not able to come to practice
- Please phone Reception to make a booking for TELEHEALTH
- Staff being provided with PPE while attending to any patients with COVID-19 like symptoms
- Frequent cleaning of waiting room, treatment room, consulting rooms and any touched surfaces in between patients.
- Providing hand sanitizers at the front desk and in each consulting area so that patients can practice good hygiene after seeing a Doctor/Nurse, using the Kiosk, Tyro machine or handling/touching any other sort of materials inside the practice
We ask patients to practice good hygiene by:
- Coughing into their elbow or into a tissue, etc.
- Thoroughly washing hands after sneezing and/or coughing
- Avoiding touching their face, eyes & nose with unwashed hands
Our practice is taking precautions, as advised by Public Health, so that our staffs are not exposed to a “suspect” COVID-19 patient and/or relative of patient. These precautions are in place to avoid not just the isolation of our staff, but also, the closure of our practice, so that we can continue to provide essential medical services to our community.
We further request that you show respect to our front-line staff at all times and follow any instructions, provided by Reception staffs, on safe practices during these times, such as waiting in car until called inside, wearing a face mask where necessary or any other directives provided for the safety and well-being of our staff and other patients.
"Providing a standard of health care beyond your expectations."
Welcome to Fernlands Radius Medical Centre. This is a family practice that prides itself in providing a standard of health care beyond your expectations. Our friendly staff and caring doctors promise to look after your health holistically.
The practice is set up as a ONE STOP service for all medical your needs, offering a range of services including all areas of family medicine, minor surgery, counselling, allied health services, complementary health services and on-site pathology services.
Our services include (but not limited to):
• Fracture Management
• General Medicine
• Health Assessments
• Health Checks
• Lung Function Testing
• Mental Health
• Men’s Health
• Minor Surgery
• Palliative care
• Preventative Medicine
• Skin Checks/ Dermatology
• Travel Vaccinations/ Medicine
• Women’s Health
• Implanon and mirena (IUCD) insertion
• Allied Health including Nutritionist / Podiatrist/ Psychologist
• Accident & Emergency
• Aged Care
• Asthma Clinic
• Baby Health Checks
• Childhood Immunisation
• COPD Clinic
• Diabetes Clinic and risk assessment
An AGPAL Accredited Practice
We are an AGPAL accredited practice which means we have met all the quality standards of an independent assessment body and provide a high level of care. We are a fully computerised practice with broadband access and adhere to prescribed guidelines to maintain data safety.